What is rodent exclusion?
Rodent prevention is exactly what it sounds like – the process of keeping rodents from entering your home or business in the first place. By making your space less attractive to rats and mice, you can stop an infestation before it even starts. In addition to saving you from the stress of trying to get rid of rodents, prevention can save you time and money in the long run. Some of the best ways to keep rats and mice out of your property include:
- Using caulk or metal mesh to seal off entry points
- Properly storing trash in sealed bins, even outdoors
- Installing door sweeps, chimney caps, and vent covers
- Replacing or repairing any broken window screens
How to Prevent Rats and Mice
Nobody wants to discover rodents crawling around their kitchen or scurrying in the basement. Investing a little extra time into rodent prevention will protect you against infestations and give you peace of mind. If you want to keep rodents away, try following these steps:
- Thoroughly inspect your property for vulnerabilities. Look for things like cracks in the foundation, broken or missing roof shingles, or other potential openings that rodents could crawl through.
- Seal up any entry points that rodents could use. Once you’ve identified any openings, use caulk or another sealant to make your property airtight. Repair broken shingles, replace old screens, and consider applying door sweeps for extra protection.
- Keep your space clean and tidy. Rats and mice are drawn to places with plenty of food. Remember to store your food in airtight containers and properly dispose of trash in lidded bins. Also, remove clutter like old storage boxes that these pests could use for nesting.
- Invest in TAP® Insulation. TAP® (Thermal Acoustical Pest Control) insulation is the pest control industry’s best-kept secret for fighting infestations. Not only does it act as regular insulation, but it also contains borate, which will kill a variety of pests including termites, rodents, and other unwanted critters.
Do You Have a Rodent Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Why is Rodent Prevention Important?
Rodent exclusion is a cost-effective and environmentally friendly way to keep pests away before they even show up. By stopping them beforehand, you won’t need big pest removal or cleanup later. Rodents can be really risky, so most pest control folks prefer exclusion to keep your place safe from rats or mice. Doing this every year is smart, especially during the time when rodents are most active in Anaheim.
Rodent Exclusion in Anaheim
Rats and mice are a common pest in California, especially during the colder months of the year. Whether you have an infestation or want to help safeguard your property, the experts at Econex Pest Management are here to help! With over 24 years of experience serving Anaheim, we know the best methods for keeping unwanted critters away from your space. Want to keep your space pest-free? Contact us today for rodent control!