How to keep mice away in Anaheim
Rats and mice are a common problem here in Anaheim, but that doesn’t mean they have to be your problem. With the right preventative measures, you can keep rodents out of your home or business and stop infestations before they have the chance to start. Some proven ways to keep mice and rats away from your space include:
- Securely storing all of your food and trash
- Reducing clutter to eliminate nesting materials
- Fixing moisture problems such as leaky faucets
- Sealing potential entry points into your home
- Working with a licensed pest control professional
Best Tips to Keep Mice & Rats Away
Rodents are incredibly persistent and won’t stop trying to get into your property if it has everything they need to thrive. Making your space less attractive to them will prompt these unwanted critters to move on rather than settle in. Follow these steps to prevent rodent infestations:
- Make it challenging for the pests to get indoors. If your property is impenetrable, it doesn’t matter how badly rodents want in; they simply won’t be able to get past the door. Take some time to go around your property and find any vulnerabilities that rats or mice could use to get indoors. Use caulk or other sealants to close even small openings.
- Cut off potential water supplies. A dripping faucet may not seem like a big deal, but that’s plenty of moisture for a small rodent to survive on. Identify and repair any leaks that pests could be using as a water source. Not only will this help you avoid unwanted critters, but it’ll also reduce your utility bill!
- Reduce food availability. Rodents are scavengers who will eat everything from trash to crumbs on the counter. With their voracious appetites, they’ll stick around any property that has plenty of food easily available. Remember to properly store food and trash. Pick up old pet food bowls, clean dishes immediately, and sweep routinely.
- Limit potential nesting materials. Rats and mice love using cluttered spaces for shelter, especially if there are lots of soft materials that they can use to line their nests. Old cardboard boxes, stacks of paper, and upholstered furniture are all popular choices for these pests; reducing these objects will make your space less attractive to rodents.
Do You Have a Rodent Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Do Mice Repellents Work?
If you go to your department store, you’ll likely come across tons of mouse or rat repellents. But, how effective are they? Unfortunately, they’re rarely enough to keep unwanted rodents out. If your property has plenty of food and shelter, the pests will simply avoid the repellent and infest anyway. That’s why we strongly recommend focusing on other forms of rodent prevention.
Keeping Rodents Out of Your Home
It’s never fun to find rats or mice on your property. At Econex Pest Management, we strive to keep your space pest-free long-term with quality rodent control services. Since 1998, our team of licensed professionals has been helping home and business owners throughout Anaheim get rid of infestations and keep them from coming back. If you’re struggling with pests, don’t hesitate to give us a call!