Rat Control in Yorba Linda
Trusted Exterminator in Orange County for Rodent Removal, Treatment & Prevention
Absolutely no one wants a rat in their home, much less more than one of these rodents. Rats carry disease, leave droppings wherever they go, and can cause significant property damage—and that’s in addition to simply being unpleasant and alarming. Where there is one rat, there are often more close behind, so don’t just buy a trap and hope that gets the job done if you spot one in your home or business.
Call Econex Pest Management to schedule comprehensive Yorba Linda rat control, and ensure an infestation does not get out of hand. Our team is thoroughly trained to identify rat problems quickly, and can present a range of options for treatment, removal, and exclusion.
Backed by 20 years of experience, our technicians know how to handle all the latest tools and technology, and will always work to make sure your property returns to normal ASAP. And with options for homes and businesses, there’s no downside to calling Econex Pest Management for your Yorba Linda rat removal needs today.
When Do Rat Infestations Happen?
Rats are remarkably crafty animals, capable of getting into tight spaces and making nests quickly. The most common time you are likely to spot a rat indoors is winter, as this is when it gets cold out, forcing rats to look inside homes and businesses for food and shelter.
Some rats can squeeze into holes roughly the size of a quarter, so it is always a good idea to seal your property as much as possible to prevent a rodent infestation. You may notice these rodents running along wires, or scurrying through dark spaces like your attic, basement, or crawlspace.
How to Prevent Rat Infestations
The best thing you can do to keep rats off your property is to clean up and store food properly. You should always attend to leftovers right away and store them in sealed, airtight containers. It is also a good idea to sweep up crumbs and wipe down surfaces regularly, and try to make sure there is a tight lid on your garbage can, too.
If it’s too late and you’ve already noticed one or more rats in your home or business, call Econex Pest Management ASAP. We offer services to get rid of rats that are safe for your pets, children and entire family.
Signs You Have Rats in Your Attic
Common signs you’re dealing with a rat problem include:
- Droppings: Rats tend to produce up to 40 droppings per night, which can usually be found in concentrated areas like corners of your basement, or in your attic’s insulation. You can recognize rat feces by its shape and color, as these black pellets are shiny and roughly 1/2-3/4 an inch long. Remember to always throw away rat droppings in sealed bags, as they contain potentially dangerous viruses and bacteria.
- Rub Marks: Rats do not see well, so they use established routes to travel along. You may notice pathways along walls, where you often find trails of grease and dirt where a rat has been. These trails are called “rub marks,” and are left when rats’ bodies repeatedly brush up against the same surfaces.
- Footprints: You can sometimes find rat foot and tail marks left in dust throughout less populated parts of your property. To confirm what you are seeing is rat footprints, consider sprinkling some flower or another fine white powder on the floor where you suspect the activity is and check the next day to see if anything shows up.
- Scratching/Grinding Noises: Roof rats, also known as black rats or ship rats, are extremely agile climbers. This is the type of rat you will typically see crawling along power lines. When one of these rats makes their way into your home, you may hear a scratching noise coming from your attic, as these rats often scurry around at night. Norway rats, also known as brown rats, usually emit more of a grinding sound, made by their large bodies, as they travel through walls and other parts of your property.
- Rat Holes/Nests: Norway rats are extremely good diggers, so you can often find extensive burrowing systems they have made leading to their nests. You will typically find the entrance, or “rat hole” to these tunnels, near solid structures. A rat nest itself can be found in the attic, under an eave, or in an empty space within your wall. You can spot a rats’ nest by the shredded materials they leave behind, including loft insulation, cardboard, and other soft materials.
Don’t Let Rats Rule Your Property, Call Econex Pest Management Today
If you are interested in receiving comprehensive protection from rats year-round, consider signing up for Econex Pest Management’s All Season Protection Plan. Protecting your property and everyone in it is our main priority, which is why we go above and beyond to offer complete rat control for customers in Yorba Linda and beyond.
You never have to worry about receiving affordable service when you hire us, as we provide various deals and specials to suit a range of budgets. We also offer free estimates over the phone or in-person, so you should never hesitate to give us a call.
Our technicians have a reputation for delivering exceptional work again and again, and with our 100% satisfaction guarantee, you’re sure to love the results of our service. Our family-owned and operated business has been raising the bar for friendly, professional work since 1998, so don’t think twice the next time you need rodent control, just call Econex Pest Management to get the job done.
They are amazing!- Cheryl D.
I love our technician Anthony.- Brigide D.
I'd recommend this company to anyone.- Melisse C.
I am completely satisfied with the cost and service.- Chanda P.
The online invoices and auto pay are so easy to manage.- Linda C.